Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Favorite MAC Brushes

I’ve been asked a couple of time which brushes are my favorites and what the certain brushes. I decided I’d post a blog about it—

I would have to say that my 5 must have brushes are eye brushes, in no particular order:
#252 - Large Shader Brush - I use this brush when I want to pack a lot of color onto my lid. It's one the 1st brushes I ever bought from MAC and I still love it as much as the day I bought it.
#242 - Shader Brush - This brush is a smaller version of the 252 but I like very much. I use it when I want to get a lot of color but over a smaller area of the lid.
#275 - Medium Angled Shading Brush - This is another good brush for applying eyeshadow, but I like to use it more for blending then for applying.
#219 – Pencil Brush – I like to use this brush for applying eyeshadow to my crease, corner or along my upper lashline when I want a smoky or smudged look. This brush is GREAT for smudging eyeliner!
#266 – Small Angle Brush – This is a great brush to have in your collection if you use eyeshadows to line your eyes. Because of thinness and angle, it applies eyeshadow right to where you want it.


I have brushes for my face but they're noname brushes that I’ve had for a while now. Basically they’re your average blush brushes, one is bigger than the other so I use the bigger one for bronzing or all over face application and the smaller one for blush. I've been wanting to get a kabuki brush for a while now but I'm debating on it...

I also have a lip brush which is a special edition brush #316SE. I really like it, but rarely use lip brushes for myself so I couldn’t give you an honest opinion about lip brushes. When I do use the #316 brush, though, I love it and think about how I should use it more often. LoL.

But as far as any other brushes are concerned, the five eye brushes that I listed are my absolute faves and should be considered a must-have for any collector.

Now, I’m gonna let you in on a little secret…
www.crownbrush.com sells make-up brushes and from what I’ve read on specktra.net (which is a great forum for the MAC and makeup obsessed), their badger series of brushes is wonderful and is the same quality as MAC brushes but for a lot less money! You can email Crownbrushes and ask them to send you a catalog to order from. I have yet to order the Badger series but when I do I’ll be sure to post a blog on what I think of the collection. Either way, when I totaled up the entire badger collection of brushes, it came out to be about $125 USD with S&H, which would get you only 3-4 brushes from MAC. Just thought I’d let you all know that if you’re looking for a bargain but with good quality.

No comments: